Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Uncle Bill's Pancake House

Uncle Bill's Pancake House 40th and West
Alas, we disagree. After all the restaurants and eateries we've been to, we have usually agreed and had similar opinions. That finally comes to an end with Uncle Bill's Pancake House.

Uncle Bill's has two locations in OC and many across the South Jersey shore. We went to the OC location on 40th Street, which is much newer than the location on 21st street. We both agreed that the atmosphere was great. It was a very nice summer and beached themed restaurant with old pictures of the Ocean City beach and boardwalk. One of the things that we liked was how they had cute plates and mugs with their logo on it.

Uncle Bill's also has a rather large menu, with 33 options to choose from with a variety of flavored pancakes from potato pancakes to chocolate chip panckes. We were in awe when somebody sitting near us got strawberry pancakes which had a huge mountain of whipped cream on it. They looked ridiculously good.

However, we disagreed on how good we thought the food was. John loves it. He thinks they have some of the best pancakes ever, whereas Lauren thinks there's better pancakes on the island. Some may complain that it's a little bit pricey, but if you love Uncle Bill's as much as John does, you're willing to fork over a few extra dollars. Oh well, we can't agree on everything.

MMMM Panckes
John ate: Special Plate consisting of 3 Buttermilk Pancakes, Ham, and Scrambled Eggs, A- "Now, I can sympathize with Mack & Manco's fans when they say 'Mack's is where we ALWAYS go for pizza it just symbolizes summer. However, a lot of Mack's fans don't try any other pizza other than Mack's. Well, I can compare to a Mack's fan by saying that my family always went to Uncle Bill's and to me it symbolizes breakfast while down the shore. I differ from other Mack's fans because I have tried other breakfast places and I still think Uncle Bill's is the best! I have yet to find another breakfast place that serves buttermilk pancakes. They melt in your mouth and are the sweetest and best pancakes around. But hey, that's just my opinion. Try them and let us know what you think."






Lauren's Order
Lauren ate: Special Plate consisting of 3 Buttermilk Pancakes, Bacon, Egg over easy with wheat toast, B- "Uncle Bill’s Pancake House was really cute! The atmosphere is very summery and friendly and the whole place just seemed so well put together. As far as the breakfast goes, it was a typical breakfast, I think. I ate the special plate with pancakes, bacon and an egg over-easy with whole wheat toast. I think I was so excited to have Uncle Bill’s pancakes that I may have had expectations which were too high. I think the meal was just an average breakfast. I thought the bacon was the best part, even though I only received 2 pieces of delicious bacon. I feel as if I have had pancakes from quite a few Ocean City restaurants now, so I have a lot to compare Uncle Bill’s to. It wasn’t the best I’ve had. However, I can see how this establishment could easily be a must-go breakfast place while on vacation each year. It’s almost as if this is the “Mack and Manco’s” of pancakes! It’s good, but it’s also possible that there is a better breakfast somewhere else in town with less name recognition. I’m not knocking on Uncle Bill’s, I’d definitely go there again since the organized atmosphere and specially designed plates were so cute and fun. Since it’s so popular in more than one South Jersey Shore town, I’d love to go back and try another type of pancake or platter so I can have the full experience."

John says in response to Lauren: "Are you kidding?!?!? B-!?!?!? what the heck were you eating? They were amazing?"

Lauren says: "I think you should take me back for breakfast and let me get some strawberry pancakes or potoato pancakes or chocolate chip pancakes then :-) "

No comments:

Post a Comment